Tuesday, April 21, 2009

PR Open Mic -- Test, Test, 1, 2 and 3


Today I joined PROpenMic, a social networking site for PR students, faculty and practitioners.  I don't know everything about it, and I'm just beginning to dive in.  After just a few hours, I noticed the site had places for videos, applications, blog links, groups, and more.  I really don't know where to start, and what's worth my time, and what's not. 

I think, we as PR students and faculty members will benefit most from the networking aspect of the site.  We can hopefully connect with PR professionals.  This can lead to internships, jobs, and other PR related topics to discuss with one another.  I really see the networking side of PR paying off for all of us in the long run.  Maybe this can help those of us on the fence about which element of PR we're most interested in, too. 

I have been following PROpenMic on Twitter for quite some time now, and never realized they had their own site.  Shows how much I was paying attention, huh?  Although I did notice they posted some pretty worthwhile stuff.  I remember one time I saw a post for a Do's and Dont's of PR.  Check out one of my previous posts, for more information on that subject.  

I really am excited to see what PROpenMic can do for me and for our class as a whole.  So, let's join together to test the PROpenMic!  Here's a link to my site.  With the add on of PROpenMic, I am now a member of Twitter, Facebook, Blogger, bringing me to 4 social networking sites!  I rid myself of MySpace a few months back.  After joining this site, it is further indication to me that the business world is quickly gravitating toward social networking.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Fans