Tuesday, February 24, 2009

PRSSA -Hello, we have finally met!


Last Wednesday, I FINALLY joined PRSSA!  I knew I needed to join this organization, but I wanted to know why.  So, today's blog is all about what is PRSSA and what can it do for you.  

According to the PRSSA web page, the purpose of the organization is to cultivate a favorable and mutually advantageous relationship between students and professional public relations practitioners.  There are over 9,600 active members spread out over nearly 300 universities around the country.  

Did you know that PRSSA is the largest, most respected pre-professional PR organization in the country?  

So, what can PRSSA do for you?  According to the site, there are numerous tools at your disposal.  

-  Access to professional development seminars
- Networking opportunities through meetings, workshops, and the PRSA's national conference
- Public Relations Tactics, PRSA's newsletter
- The Blue Book, the directory of "Who's Who in PR" 
and much much more!  

This site really excited me.  I knew I was joining a good organization, but wasn't sure how much it would benefit me.  Now, after doing a little research, I see its purpose.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Fans