Tuesday, March 3, 2009

IBS Radio Conference - New York, here I come!


This weekend I will be joining some of my WGUR colleagues for an exciting trip to NY!  We'll be attending a national radio conference and it's my hope I'll learn more about the dynamics of the radio industry.  

According to the conference site, there will three $1,500 scholarships available to attendees, and feature over 200 speakers.  I can bring my work I've done for WGUR and have it critiqued by the pros and participate in what's called resume speed dating.  It's also a great opportunity for some of the executive staff to network, find good contacts for job possibilities, and more.  Best of all, two of WGUR's own, Danielle Paperno and Lauren Dalton will be participating as panelists!  How exciting!   I only wish I had become part of the WGUR family sooner, so I'd have something to show.  But isn't learning and watching part of a good experience, too?   

I can't wait to report back to all of you what I learn!  I'm hoping that I can learn some of the PR dynamics of radio as well.  Because as of right now, I'm caught between two great worlds.  I love the aspects of radio, but my heart is still with PR.  Let's hope this conference can show me a way to have both in my life!  More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Fans