Monday, February 9, 2009

Personal Experience with Twitter










Because I neglected to do the "Twitter experience" blog before, I figured I better catch up.  Please refer to last week's blog post for the embedded url requirement.  

My blog from last week needs an update.  Blagojevich was in fact removed from office and barred from holding any public office in Illinois, ever!  

Dr. Miller made a suggestion a few weeks ago that I'm considering.  She said I should do a live tweet session of an episode of Desperate Housewives.  (Hey, you all knew I would find a way to mention DH on here...)  Anyway, I think I'm going to try to do this.  I'm going to do a practice one in a few weeks, and my plan is to do a REAL, legit one for the finale.  I hope you'll join in, and fans, you can @reply me with thoughts during the show.

My experience so far with Twittter has been interesting.  I'm not sure if I completely get it, but I do see the significance of its usage.  Just a few days ago I was Twitter-ing with Julie Banderas of Fox News' "America's News HQ."  That was a lot of fun, because she actually read one of my @replies on air!    

I do like we can (as a class) keep up with one another's recent activities.  It helped a lot during the planning and preparation of the pitch for the athletic auction.  Instead of going back to my phone to remember when/where my group was meeting, I could just check Twitter.  So, for me, personally it served its purpose.  

As far as people I've chosen to follow, I chose a lot of news outlets.  I'm concentrating in telecom, too, so there's great networking potentials there.  I have chosen to follow a few conservative magazines, too, because I enjoy their commentaries of the daily news.  Finally, I also chose some PR companies.  

Looking forward to my live Twitter session with my DH fanatics! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

My Fans